Content and Trigger Warning Guide: Hamilton
Note: This guide may contain spoilers.
Synopsis: The real life of one of America’s foremost founding fathers and first Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton. Captured live on Broadway from the Richard Rodgers Theater with the original Broadway cast. (Source: IMDb)
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Estimated Self-Censored Rating Using Full Guide: PG-13 (Due to Language)
Watch On: Disney+
- Nudity/Sexual Content (1)
- There is no nudity, but a song detailing an affair between Alexander Hamilton and Maria Reynolds is shown from 1:29:21-1:33:17 with sensual touch and a clothed lap dance. Instances of domestic violence are also mentioned during this song by Maria. (Say No to This)
- Graphic Violence (3)
- The first duel implying gun violence (in which Hamiton and Burr are the dueling parties’s seconds) is from 0:48:39-0:50:25. (The Ten Duel Commandments)
- Philip Hamilton challenges George Eacker to a duel, Alexander supports the duel, Phillip is then killed by the duel. This all takes place from 2:05:55-2:09:36. (Blow Us All Away and Stay Alive (Reprise))
- The duel in which Alexander Hamliton is killed by Aaron Burr is from 2:21:55-2:23:37 and 2:25:08-2:25:37 (The World Was Wide Enough)
- BLOOD IS NOT SHOWN DURING ANY DUEL. THEY ARE MOMENTS OF HIGH TENSION IMPLYING GUN VIOLENCE.
- Self-Harm/Suicide (1)
- A man miming hanging himself is shown for a few seconds from 0:03:00-0:03:06.
This guide was completed by Samantha Baird, a film lover in Idaho Falls, Idaho.